Saturday, October 27, 2007

*WHEW*

So it ended up taking a week to get over the busiest week I've had in a while. I got picked to vend at the HANDMADE PARADE! This wil be my second show, so I'm exited... OF COURSE I'm behind as far as how much I wanted to have done by this time. It's all good. Let's see if I can catch up on my blogging...

Well, my fella and I had a bit of a falling out, so naturally to distract myself I got another tattoo:

We worked it out and I'm back on cloud 9...he doesn't like ink like I do, so needless to say this was NOT a pleasant surprise for him. Too bad 'cuz I really want to get the Sankofa Adinkra symbol in the same size on my left wrist...oh well. It's a small sacrifice to make.

I managed to finish those Mandarin style jackets I was working on. Thank GOD I did a muslin! It was my first time doing that kind of jacket and they fit soooo well. I can feel acid reflux coming on at the thought of the amount of alterations I would have had to do if I didn't make a rough draft first! I thought I left my camera at work so I didn't take any pictures. I did, however, assure my client that I would hunt her down if she did not take photos and make sure that I got copies. I've got to get a portfolio together, folks!

I swear when my daughter got to high school I thought I'd be coastin' till maybe Junior or Senior year...then she had to be all "Miss Freshman Supa-Star"! Maybe it wouldn't have been so overwhelming to me if I didn't have all that other sewing to do. I'm proud though, I can't lie...it's so exiting to see her do things I was too shy to do and to carry herself with all the confidence I WISH I had at her age. I'm also extremely BLESSED that I had my step mom to help! My fabric stash came in handy too (I made her parade / game dress).













*tear* Time is going by waaay too fast!


OOH! I almost forgot...One of my friends in NOVA (Northern Virginia, for those who don't know) saw the "Dangerous Doll" BATELA style bag that a friend of another friend purchased from my main site and was very impressed with my work. He wants to help me promote in that area because he knows a lot of NFL cheerleaders and folks of that nature that would love my stuff. YESSS! Lord knows I love making stuff, but selling is not one of my strong suits (I used to buy my OWN band candy so I wouldn't have to go around soliciting, lol). We'll see what happens...

No comments: