Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Six months in the hole...


Wow...So much has been going on that I have neglected my poor blog. I hate when I check up on my favorite blogs and there's nothing new, so shame on me.  Here's a bit of what's been going on:

*School is kicking my arse!  I have, however, discovered that my fear of criticism is severely impeding my ability to create projects.  Then I was assigned a 20 page paper and I fell apart! Luckily, my professors are giving me a chance to pull up my boot straps and get back into the game.  C'mon girl, this is GRAD SCHOOL for Pete's sake!

I'm still rolling with the art doll idea...this is as far as I've gotten:

Shameful.  I keep getting stuck on how to clothe them because I'm afraid my professors won't think its "artsy" enough.  But I know I can't get better until I let someone give me some criticism.

*I. Need. A. New. Job. Period.  I guess I've gotten complacent in Bridal Hell because it's pretty much flexible, which I like since I'm in school.  But the pay sucks as well as the fickleness of the available hours.  Time for a full-on 9-5...preferably with benefits!

*I am still convinced that I can do school, work, and MASHULU...I just have not figured out how.  Well, that's not 100% true...I have a sinking feeling that it has a lot to do with my time management skills.  But I WILL do it all!

*I made a small batch of new bags made exclusively for consignment in GYA Arts Gallery in St. Lois, Missouri.  Check out their blog here: http://yeyoarts.blogspot.com/2010/04/mashulu-exclusively-carried-gya.html.  Here's what I came up with:






And with that I ran out of one of my most valued materials.  That's another reason why I need another job...to fund my biz!  I know I need to look into some sort of small business funding, but when the heck would I find the time? (Sorry for the crappy pics, but I also can't seem to find the time to figure out how to use my camera properly, lol.)

*I have given Twitter another chance and I am just about in love!  I use it mostly to keep up with my favorite celebs (mostly fashion industry folks and drag queens).  Not like I need another distraction!  Internet service at home is sooo not in my budget, but when I do get it, I will definitely get an account for business purposes.

*Aaaand FINALLY.... It's my Birthday!  Woohoo!

No comments: