After laboring over quicker, cleaner ways to create the handles on my HONEY style bag, I have found a solution! I am pleased that it now takes a lot less time to make them than it did to find the right method! Here's an example of what the original handle looked like:
As you can see, the opening was square and I found the handle to just be overall kind of bulky...hard to sew, too! I think I used two layers of vinyl, two layers of PELTEX, and two facings...PER HANDLE. Leave it to me to make life more difficult. Now it looks like this:
It keeps its shape like I want it to (meaning, it doesn't get bent out of shape when you put stuff in the bag) and its a lot less thick looking. I love the colors in this bag. Of course I'm a day late and a dollar short of Halloween, but for most folk, skulls are in style every day!