Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Take it Easy...

True to form I have worked myself into a lather.

So much is going on with me working two jobs, trying my best to not neglect my teen, working to put together a fine arts portfolio to apply to grad school, and trying to keep a steady flow of new bags out in the open. After thinking long and hard, I have decided to do away with mashulu.com to focus on selling on Etsy. I can feel some relief already, lol. This way I won't have to worry about keeping up with codes and site design, etc. , not to mention worry about the monthly fee I was paying for my own domain. To be honest, I sold many more items on Etsy than my main site anyway, so I'm hoping this will be a great move since I won't have to split my computer time up between trying to decipher and write proper html. Selling on Etsy also makes me feel more free because with the MASHULU site, I felt compelled to keep my designs urban to keep with a certain mood. Etsy is a breeding grown for eclecticism so I feel comfortable catering to some of my more kitch sensibilities. Scaling back will also give me more time to promote, promote, promote!

I feel so silly cutting the site off RIGHT after re-launching, but I think it will be for the best. I'm looking forward to a successful year ahead. My goal is to be "Etsy Popular"* by the summer!





*the term "Etsy Popular" is a term I use to describe someone within the Etsy community that is basically a star...like you see them at a craft show and you're like..."gasp! That's Fort Cloudy or Cubist Literature". Yeah...I wanna be THAT girl, lol.

2 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Wow! You sound super busy! Etsy rocks and I know you will continue to find great success there :)

Good for you for knowing when to say enoug is enough :)

Unknown said...

Right on baby! I like that attitude. You're already a star in my book. :)