Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I haven't blogged in a while.  For some odd reason my school's Internet was blocking all images from the blogger site and I just didn't feel right blogging blind.  I tried to find other alternatives; I signed up for a Tumbler and a blog on Word Press.  But Blogger is what I know so I'm going to stick with it for the time being. 

ANYHOO...A while ago I made some crochet earrings and they did pretty well.  With school and working I couldn't even think about taking the time to sit and crochet.  Since I decided to dedicate most of the summer to work on my art, some time opened up.  I need to take better pics, for sure...


I wish I could make them like this again, but I have no idea where I got the beads and I don't know where to find them. I'm still looking though:

Also, during my summer "break" I have managed to indulge in my growing textile design addiction and I sewed up 11 more doll bodies...woohoo!  That brings my total to 21 (23 if I count the two I've done for art trades).  All of them are not stuffed, but the "hard" part is over so it's all good.  I feel like I'm in a good place to get back to making bags and accessories.  My mind is bursting at the seams with ideas for a different direction for MASHULU.  In case you didn't check out my single solitary Tumbler post, here's a couple of the many pieces I've dyed this summer.  I am so in love with the colors!




This one I went over with a simple silk screen design. I'll definitely be doing something like this again:

 Next is to dust off my fashion design skills to design and create a collection of garments, which will also be part of my solo exhibition for grad school.  Fortunately, season 9 of Project Runway starts this week so I will be PLENTY motivated!  Speaking of which, I just realized I only have about 3 semesters to go! That went by kind of quick...



No comments: