Thursday, June 02, 2011

Look What I Can Do...

I am meeting with a buyer for the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts next week, which means new MASHULU items are on the horizon!  I'm looking to post new bags as soon as next weekend...it's also the weekend following my birthday.  Yippee!  Here's a sneaky peek...

the CHAMPAGNE clutch

I finally took the time to take relatively decent photos of a couple of dolls I've made.  The first one is for an art trade with one of the undergraduate students I met here at NSU.  She had this painting that I loved but had trouble pricing it.  She saw one of my dolls and I offered a trade.  Of course, she picked my fave so I offered to make one similar for her.  I have not titled it yet, but it is inspired by corset piercing.  I think I may have shown y'all the original before, but these pics are better than what I posted before:

In case you were wondering, I made the stand myself...in the future I think I will paint them white though.  I also made the jump rings myself because at the time I couldn't find any the right size.  I originally used some of doll artist Patti Culea's patterns but I have since tweaked them a bit to make them my own.  These are about 21" tall, not including the stand.  The larger ones I'm working on will be a bit over 36"! I'm exited at the possibilities a larger "canvas" will afford me.

Here's the one I made for my art trade:

All of the fabrics used to make both dolls were hand dyed and printed by me.  I think I'm coming along nicely, don't you?

1 comment:

Alycia in Va. said...

The clutch is really cute...now you just need to get into the matching shoes business, or a nice scarf. The doll has that bondage feel to it.....s&m....or is that just my dirty mind :)