Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I PROMISE you I'm working...

I'm thinking that since I'm practically living in my on-campus studio, which has free wi-fi, I may as well blog more often.  This semester I have two classes that require several page papers and a lot of reading as well as one studio class.  I promise you I would be ripping my hair out if I was still working in bridal hell (I'm still injured from that unfortunate moon bounce incident I blogged about earlier).  I am trying my darnedest to produce this "Elemental Collection" before Spring...as it's supposed to be a Fall/Winter line!  At the heart of this line will be attention to details such as seaming and top stitching.  My usual colorful print fabric offerings will be in the "Stylistic Collection", more on that later.  It seems like everything I'm doing (as far as school projects AND MASHULU) is so complicated.  I wish I could just whip something all quick, but that would make too much sense I guess.  I just hope all of the work I am putting into these is appreciated...and by appreciated I mean I won't hear any gasping at the prices, which will still be ridiculously low for all of the work that goes into each item.

At any rate, here's a new clutch I will (eventually) be introducing.  It's called the AUDACITY and it's pretty darn big. It closes with a twist lock and has a  zippered pocket inside.  The one shown will probably end up on Etsy, so keep your eyes peeled if you want it (or hit me up on email and let's make a deal).  Making this one out of vinyl is a pain...not sure if I will do it again. We'll see...

3 comments:

SYM1 said...

Oh it IS HUGE! I like it, but it seems a little plain for you. Where's the color (actually patterns) boo?!

And I soooooooooooo feel you about the "appreciation." It's so common and annoying, but I wish you the best, as always. I can't wait to see more.

ARTina said...

Ahhh...you know me so well! That's the theme of the Elemental Collection...basic, but not boring. All the craziness is in the lining on this one, lol. TRUST I will be coming with the color...that is a MUST!

Unknown said...

cute clutch, would love to see the lining. looking forward to discovering more of your work.