Friday, August 03, 2007

...Back to the beat

So, nearly a year ago one of my students did something that my mother didn't have the patience to do: teach me how to crochet. In doing so, a monster was created. I had little granny square patches all over the place as I experimented with color combinations. I even made granny square earrings (see my Etsy shop and my main site). Then, through gaining a small collection of books and pamphlets, I learned how to do different squares, even hats!1. first hat finished EVER 2. first hat w/brim...it looks better on a bigger head (from Get Your Crochet On by Afiya Ibomu)

Naturaly I would start doing some crochet bags...They are a bit time consuming, but gratifying nonetheless...



I love how this came out...I still need to put a lining in it.


I was making this for a "Black, White + another color" creative challenge, but never finished.


Some works in progress...

2 comments:

familygregg said...

i loooove your work! you've inspired me to pick up my needle and learn more than what i know. i will tackle the granny square!

fernfiddlehead said...

Love the crocheted bags. It's a new twist on the granny square. I was obsesses with granny squares a few years ago. I made a poncho for one of my daughters all from granny squares. You are inspiring me to pull out my crochet hook....