Thursday, March 01, 2007

Once again, Etsy has shown me the way...

Wow...I'm slow. So I wasn't all that hyped on keeping my blog updated before because I wasn't sure how folks would see it other than being linked to my main website...which isn't done yet (see below posts, lol). Once again Etsy forums have provided me with the answer. DUH! How 'bout you TELL people about it? Also in viewing the blogs of others I noticed that I should drop a few pics up in here.

That being said, let me take time out to profess my love for Etsy and the beautiful creative folks I have met through that site. There are quite a few and I'm gonna give them their proper credit in other posts.

First of all, CJ (http://www.hojpoj.etsy.com/ ) is a star. I saw that she made stained glass business card holders and inquired as to wether or not she did custom orders. I thought that would be a cool way to hold business cards for when I start doing shows. She asked lots of questions, just like I would if I were custom making something for someone. Here's what she came up with:


Nice, huh? Needless to say I was too exited.



Next I just HAVE to say thank you to Mandy (http://www.millymollymandy.etsy.com). One of my sorority mascots is the dove and I noticed that a lot of her prints had doves in them. Recently I checked out her shop and she had this series called "Contemplation" and I fell in love with it! It is such a sweet drawing...the line quality is just beautiful. I contacted her to see if it was possible to get that print with my sorority colors and she hooked me up...

I cannot wait to get this! Thank you Mandy!

No comments: